If a Track Log is automatically recorded while using a simulator, your starting or ending location may reflect your actual GPS position as opposed to the flight simulator's simulated location.
To prevent this undesired behavior, the Track Log should be started and stopped while receiving GPS data from the simulator. To record a Track Log using only simulated GPS position data, follow the steps below.
- Connect your simulator to your iOS device.
- Open ForeFlight and verify the simulated GPS position is displayed.
- Force close ForeFlight.
- Reopen ForeFlight.
- Start a Track Log recording, either manually or using the auto start/stop function.
- Ensure the Track Log is stopped before disconnecting from the simulator.
If your actual location is recorded at the beginning or end of the Track Log, it can be trimmed by following the steps below.
- In ForeFlight Mobile, go to More > Track Logs and select the affected Track Log.
- Tap Edit near the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Drag the blue endpoints left or right to trim the undesired portions of the Track Log.
- Tap Done.
For more information see our Track Log Editing support video.