Please use these troubleshooting steps:
STEP 1: Are Location Services enabled for ForeFlight in the iPad Settings > Privacy section?
You can check to see if your Location Services are enabled for ForeFlight, by following these steps:
1. Go to the iPad SETTINGS app and open it.
2. In the left hand Settings column, select PRIVACY.
3. In the right hand column, Make sure the top LOCATION SERVICES switch is ON (in iOS7 or later, it will need to have Green showing).
4. Scroll down through the right column until you find the ForeFlight app icon. Make sure it is also ON (in iOS7) or set to ALWAYS (iOS8 or later).
No: Stop here. Enable Location Services for ForeFlight.
Yes: Continue to step 2
STEP 2: Within ForeFlight, under More > Settings, is "Enable Ownship" set to "Always?"
To check this, open, ForeFlight and go to MORE and then SETTINGS. Scroll almost all the way down and make sure that ENABLE OWNSHIP is set to ALWAYS.
No: Stop here. Set ENABLE OWNSHIP to ALWAYS.
Yes: Continue to step 3
STEP 3: Is AIRPLANE MODE under iPad Settings turned OFF? (if this is on, Bluetooth is disabled)
No: Stop here. Turn OFF Airplane Mode under the iPad SETTINGS app > AIRPLANE MODE.
Yes: Continue to step 4
STEP 4: Is Bluetooth under iPad Settings turned On?
No: Stop Here. Turn Bluetooth on by going to your iPad Settings app and tap on BLUETOOTH and turn BLUETOOTH ON.
Yes: Continue to Step 5
STEP 5: Going to iPad Settings > Bluetooth > Does the Bluetooth GPS show connected?
No: Stop Here. Connect the Bluetooth GPS receiver. You will need to follow the manufacturers instructions for doing this. Here are a few tips if you are having trouble connecting your GPS receiver:
1. Verify the Make and Model of GPS receiver is iOS compatible
2. Power the GPS receiver off and back on
3. If the device is showing in the list and not connecting, delete it and repair with it by going iPad SETTINGS App > BLUETOOTH and find the device in the list. Tap on the (i) button and select "FORGET THE DEVICE"
4. Update the GPS receivers firmware if a newer version is available
Yes: Continue to step 6.
STEP 6: Does your GPS position show on the Apple Map?
Go to the iPad Settings app and turn off WiFi and Cellular to make sure no GPS information is coming in via a WiFi or Cellular network. Now, go to the Apple Maps app.
No: No GPS information is coming into the device. Continue to step 7.
Yes: This means the device is getting GPS position information. Continue to step 9.
STEP 7: Does your Bluetooth receiver have an unrestricted view of the sky?
No: Stop here. Move the GPS receiver to a location where it can get a good signal from the GPS satellite constellation. If you are in a building or airplane, please move the Bluetooth receiver to a location where it can get an optimal view of the sky without obstruction.
Yes: Continue to step 9.
STEP 8: Reset Location & Privacy. Did this help?
Do this by going to iPad SETTINGS > GENERAL > RESET > RESET Location & Privacy.
No: Continue to step 9.
Yes: Stop here.
STEP 9: Does restarting the ForeFlight app cause the GPS position information to show?
No: Go to step 10.
Yes: Stop here.
STEP 10: Perform a hard reboot of your device. Does this solve the GPS problem?
Perform a HARD REBOOT of the device, Here's how you reboot your device:
No: Stop here. Please contact the GPS manufacturer for assistance.
Yes: Stop here.