ForeFlight is able to be used in connection with X-Plane. You will need X-Plane version 10.11 or newer.
Please follow these instructions to connect ForeFlight to X-Plane:
1. Start X-Plane on your computer, and start a flight.
IMPORTANT: X-Plane will not show in the More > Devices view of ForeFlight unless an X-Plane flight has been started.
2. In the X-Plane menu bar, click to the Settings button in the far right.
Image 1. Go to the menu bar and click the Settings button.
3. When the Settings window opens, choose Network, then click the + next to the IPHONE & IPAD tab and check the box next to "Broadcast to all copies of ForeFlight..."
NOTE: If using the "Transmit to a single copy of ForeFlight..." option in X-Plane, tap the "i" button in ForeFlight > MORE > DEVICES to see your iPad's IP address, and then enter that IP address in the box on the X-Plane setup screen. Use UDP port 49002 or 49001.
NOTE: If using FlyThisSim and you need AHRS data to display in ForeFlight, choose the "Send GPS data... to ONE iPad..." option in X-Plane, tap the "i" button in ForeFlight > MORE > DEVICES to see your iPad's IP address, and then enter that IP address in the box on the X-Plane Settings screen. Use UDP port 49002 or 49001.
IMPORTANT: 127.0.0.1 is NOT your iPad's IP address. Enter the other address.
Image 2. Go to the iPhone/iPad tab and check the box next to "Broadcast to all copies of ForeFlight..."
4. Open ForeFlight, tap on MORE > DEVICES and tap on the X-Plane box. NOTE: when using X-Plane version 11, the flight simulator connection sometimes appears as "1" or "2" instead of "X-Plane."
Image 3. Go to MORE > DEVICES and tap on the X-Plane box.
5. tap on X-PLANE and make sure switch next to ENABLED is ON.
Image 4. Turn the switch ON next to ENABLED.
6. Once you have Enabled X-Plane, accuracy will be reported as "Accuracy (X-Plane) 1m"
Image 5. X-Plane will show "1m" in the ACCURACY instrument when X-Plane is connected.
The link to ForeFlight Mobile will not work correctly if a "XAVION OR FLYQ" connection is active to that iPad or iPhone. A symptom of this is instead of seeing "X-Plane" on MORE > DEVICES (per step 4) you see "ADS-B"
To fix this, remove all "XAVION OR FLYQ" connections, and also any "Control Pad" connections.
If this doesn't work, try clicking the "Reset UDP Ports" button: