If you have Prepar3D version 4.0 or newer
1. Prepar3D Version 4 or newer.
2. A WiFi network.
1. Open the Application Options dialog box.
2. On the Options menu, click GENERAL and then click the APPLICATION tab.
3. Enable “Broadcast GPS data to network”.
4. Connect your iPad or iPhone running ForeFlight to the same WiFi network the PC running the simulator is connected to.
5. Open ForeFlight Mobile, tap MORE > DEVICES > Prepar3D V4.
6. Slide the Enabled switch ON.
NOTE: Pilots who prefer a wired option can use the Cygnus Home Direct. For more information, visit www.kingschools.com/pilot-supplies/flight-simulator/iPad-connection-wired
If you have a version of Prepar3D that is older than version 4.0
2. FSUIPC: http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html (MindStar GpsVR does not require FSUIPC)
3. .NET Framework 4.
4. WiFi network for your iOS device.
Once you have the FSXFlight Product, here is how to connect Prepar3D to ForeFlight.
1. Download FSXFlight. Using the link provided in your receipt, download FSXFlight.zip on your Flight Simulator PC. Open the zip file and extract FSXFlight.exe to anywhere on your PC.
2. Start Flight Simulator. Start your flight simulator of choice. Start a flight either on the ramp or in the air. Ensure that FSUIPC is installed by checking in the Add-ons menu.
3. Start FSXFlight. Double click on the FSXFlight application icon. Since flight simulator is already running FSXFlight should read “Connected to FSX.”
4. Start ForeFlight on your iOS Device. Ensure your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same network as your Flight simulator PC and launch ForeFlight. Be sure to have ForeFlight version 4.7 or later.
5. Enable FSXFlight in ForeFlight. Navigate to the Devices page in ForeFlight. FSXFlight should appear in the list. Tap on FSXFlight and enable it.