If you have Prepar3D (P3D) version 4.x or version 5.x:
1. Prepar3D Version 4.x or 5.x or newer.
2. A WiFi network.
1. Open the Application Options dialog box.
2. On the Options menu, click GENERAL and then click the APPLICATION tab.
3. In version 5.x, enable "Enable GPS Data Transmission"; in version 4.x, enable “Broadcast GPS data to network”.
4. Connect your iPad or iPhone running ForeFlight to the same WiFi network the PC running the simulator is connected to.
IMPORTANT: In Prepar3D choose "Send GPS data" and specify the IP address of the iPad (found by tapping the "i" in the upper right corner of the MORE > DEVICES tab in ForeFlight Mobile) to send the data to a specific iPad. Choose "Broadcast GPS data" to send data to ALL iPads on the network.
5. Open ForeFlight Mobile, tap MORE > DEVICES and tap the Prepar3D V4 or Prepar3D V5 "tile".
6. After tapping the Prepar3D "tile" slide the Enabled switch ON.
NOTE: Pilots who prefer a wired option can use the Cygnus Home Direct. For more information, visit www.kingschools.com/pilot-supplies/flight-simulator/iPad-connection-wired
If you have a version of Prepar3D that is older than version 4.0
2. FSUIPC: http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html (MindStar GpsVR does not require FSUIPC)
3. .NET Framework 4.
4. WiFi network for your iOS device.
Once you have the FSXFlight Product, here is how to connect Prepar3D to ForeFlight.
1. Download FSXFlight. Using the link provided in your receipt, download FSXFlight.zip on your Flight Simulator PC. Open the zip file and extract FSXFlight.exe to anywhere on your PC.
2. Start Flight Simulator. Start your flight simulator of choice. Start a flight either on the ramp or in the air. Ensure that FSUIPC is installed by checking in the Add-ons menu.
3. Start FSXFlight. Double click on the FSXFlight application icon. Since flight simulator is already running FSXFlight should read “Connected to FSX.”
4. Start ForeFlight on your iOS Device. Ensure your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same network as your Flight simulator PC and launch ForeFlight. Be sure to have ForeFlight version 4.7 or later.
5. Enable FSXFlight in ForeFlight. Navigate to the Devices page in ForeFlight. FSXFlight should appear in the list. Tap on FSXFlight and enable it.