To record Track Logs automatically, the Enable Auto Start/Stop feature under More > Settings > Track Logs must be enabled. When enabled, track logs are automatically started when the following criteria are met:
- ForeFlight is running in the foreground during the takeoff phase.
- Acceleration is detected, and groundspeed exceeds 60 knots.
NOTE: If ForeFlight is opened after takeoff, a track log will not automatically start.
Track logs are automatically stopped when any of the following criteria are met:
- Groundspeed slows from above 60 knots to less than 40 knots; height AGL descends below 250 feet. This criterion is intended to account for a normal landing and will stop the track log 15 minutes after the landing event to account for taxiing. If another takeoff is detected during the 15-minute taxi time, the track log will be resumed.
- ForeFlight is closed, and no GPS data is received for 2 minutes, which is a typical scenario when using a Wi-Fi only iPad and Wi-Fi based external GPS. In such a case, GPS data from Wi-Fi cannot be accessed when ForeFlight is inactive.
- A landing is not detected, and groundspeed is below 40 knots for two minutes.
NOTE: When started automatically, the track log start time reflects when ForeFlight was opened prior to takeoff (up to 30 minutes). This time is intended to account for taxiing.