There are several options to add documents to ForeFlight.
1. Synced Cloud Services - A DropBox, Box, or Amazon S3 account can automatically sync with a ForeFlight Pro Plus or higher account. You can link your ForeFlight account to a synced cloud service at: https://plan.foreflight.com/account/integrations
Once linked, any compatible documents placed in the synced folder on your computer will be automatically shown in your synced drive in ForeFlight Mobile.
Image 1. Import via synced cloud services.
Image 2. Synced cloud documents on iPad
2. Mail (PDF, XLS/X, DOC, PPT, TXT, CSV) - You can send a document to ForeFlight using your email. When you have received the file on your native mail app on your iPad or iPhone, simply tap on the file within the email so the document displays in the document viewer. With the document showing in the viewer, simply tap on the SEND TO button in the upper right, scroll to the right until you find ForeFlight. You may need to tap on the More button on the same line that shows other apps. Then select COPY TO FOREFLIGHT. You will then have a choice to save the document in the Documents view or in the Flights tab. Select Documents to download this as a document for future use. This transfers and opens the document in the ForeFlight Imported Drive.
Image 3. Import via Mail.
3. Safari (PDF, XLSx, DOC, PPT, TXT, CSV) - You can import a PDF from a website using Safari. All you have to do is tap on the PDF in Safari and select "Copy To ForeFlight". The PDF will be added to the Imported Documents Drive in ForeFlight.
Image 4. Import via Safari.
4. iTunes (PDF, JPG, TIF, PNG, GIF, XLS/X, DOC/X, PPT/X, TXT, CSV, PAGES, NUMBERS, KEY) - Plug your iPad or iPhone into your computer and start iTunes on the computer and follow these steps:
- Inside iTunes, click on the iPad/iPhone icon near the upper left corner.
- In the left pane, click File Sharing.
- Select ForeFlight from the list of apps.
- Drag and drop your files to the "ForeFlight Documents" table. While the files are copying over, you will see a brief Sync in Progress message on your iPad (Some users may have to select "Sync" near the bottom of the screen based on iTunes settings).
- After the copying has completed, launch ForeFlight Mobile and tap on Documents. The files will appear in the Imported Drive. After a file is imported, it will disappear from the iTunes listing.
Image 5. Import via iTunes.
5. Finder (PDF, JPG, TIF, PNG, GIF, XLS/X, DOC/X, PPT/X, TXT, CSV, PAGES, NUMBERS, KEY) - Plug your iPad or iPhone into your computer and use Finder on the computer to upload documents. This can be used with Macs running MacOS Catalina (10.15) or later that no longer have iTunes.
1. Open Finder. To do this if needed, you can search for Finder by clicking on the desktop background on your Mac and then pressing the spacebar and typing in "Finder".
2. Click on your iPad or iPhone in the Finder sidebar under "Locations".
NOTE: If your iPad or iPhone do not appear, open Finder Preferences: Sidebar, and click the box "CDs, DVDs, and iOS Devices":
(A popup may appear where you can choose to "Trust this iPad" on your Mac and on the iPad you will need to choose "Trust this Computer".)
3. Click on Files. NOTE: If your iPad or iPhone do not appear, open Finder Preferences: Sidebar, and click the box "CDs, DVDs, and iOS Devices".
4. Drag & Drop the document file onto the ForeFlight icon. You can do this by dragging and dropping the document onto the desktop and dragging it from there into the ForeFlight icon in Finder. Or you can open a separate Finder window and drag the document from there.
5. Click the "Sync" button in the lower-right corner.
6. On your iPad or iPhone, select where you want to save the document (Documents or Flights).
Image 6: Import via Finder.