Selecting the correct aircraft type is key to ensuring accurate flight planning results. If applicable, emphasis should be placed on selecting the aircraft type with the correct serial number range, supplemental type certificate (STC), gross weight increase (GWI), or engine type. To select an aircraft type, follow the steps below.
- Open the Aircraft view and tap Aircraft Type.
- Using the search bar at the top of the view, enter the aircraft's make, model, or ICAO-type code.
- Review the results and locate the aircraft with the correct type code, serial number, STC, GWI, or engine type. This information is displayed in the second row below the aircraft type code (e.g., PT6-41 Centex STC SA11103SC).
- Once the appropriate variant has been located, tap it to select the aircraft type.
- Scroll to the aircraft profile Weights section and ensure the limits are correct. If the weight limits are inaccurate, a different aircraft type may need to be selected.
NOTE: Aircraft types with prebuilt Weight & Balance profiles display a W&B Template Available label.
NOTE: When adding an aircraft to a performance-tier account, aircraft with prebuilt performance profiles display a label with the number of ForeFlight Performance Profiles available.