ForeFlight Dispatch's EASA Commercial Reserve Fuel Policy includes the option for Discretionary Fuel. This option can be selected when editing a Flight or can be set to be the default Reserve Policy for an aircraft.
Discretionary Fuel was added in response to EASA's October 30, 2022, amendment to Fuel Schema (CAT.OP.MPA.181), in which Discretionary Fuel is defined as fuel that the commander may require. ForeFlight Dispatch handles Discretionary Fuel the same way it handles Extra Fuel, with only a nominal difference in category.
Instruction for enabling the EASA Comercial Reserve Policy, which includes the Discretionary Fuel category and its associated fields, is described below.
Selecting EASA Commercial Reserve Policy (with Discretionary Fuel) for a Flight
- Select Dispatch from the left navigation column.
- Select Flights in the upper right.
- Select Edit next to a flight that will use the Discretionary Fuel Category.
- In the Advanced Fuel Options section, select the dropdown menu under Reserve Policy.
- Select EASA Commercial. The Discretionary Fuel field will be shown.
Reserve Policy set to EASA Commercial, resulting in the Discretionary Fuel field being shown.
Setting the EASA Commercial Reserve Policy (with Discretionary Fuel) for an Aircraft as Default
- Select Aircraft from the left navigation column
- Select an aircraft on which EASA Commercial will be the default policy (which allows the entry of Discretionary Fuel).
- In the Fuel Section, select Reserve Policy.
- Select EASA Commercial
Aircraft's default Reserve Policy set to EASA Commercial
Discretionary Fuel is not yet supported in ForeFlight Mobile, so flights that have a non-zero value set for Discretionary Fuel can only be released to the assigned crew as read-only (not editable). Our team is working to support Discretionary Fuel in a future release of ForeFlight Mobile.