Importing GeoTIFF custom charts requires a Military Flight Bag (MFB) subscription and ForeFlight Mobile version 14 or later.
How to import
GeoTIFF files can be imported via a Content Pack (recommended) or as an individual file. To import via Content Pack, the custom chart must be added to the "layers" subfolder. For information related to Content Packs, see ForeFlight Content Packs.
To import a stand-alone GeoTIFF file, use one of the following methods:
- Import via the Mail app using the built-in file sharing functionality
- Import via Finder using drag and drop
- Import via the FIles app
- Import via an online direct link
NOTE: Individual GeoTIFF files cannot be imported via AirDrop. To import via AirDrop, the file must be included in a Content Pack.
ForeFlight Mobile only supports GeoTIFF files that meet specific criteria. If a file does not meet the requirements, or if the file lacks geospatial information, the file can only be imported as a document. Before attempting to import a GeoTIFF file, ensure the following requirements are met:
- Filename extension: .tif, .tiff, .TIF, .TIFF
- Resolution: 72 DPI
- Maximum pixels: 10,000 (regardless of height and width dimensions)
- Coordinate Reference System (CRS): EPSG:4326 - WGS84
- Lossless compression