Track Logs cannot be sent directly from the Track Logs view to the Maps view. Instead, you must save the Track Log as a KML file and import it as a Custom Map Layer in ForeFlight. KML is a file format that displays geographic information in mapping apps such as Google Earth and ForeFlight Mobile.
To view your Track Logs on the ForeFlight Maps page:
- Open ForeFlight Mobile and select More > Track Logs.
- Select the Track Log you want to view on the map from the list.
- Tap the Share button in the upper toolbar.
- Select Mail from the menu. While any "Send To" option will work, this article focuses on using Mail to save and access a KML file.
- Select KML from the pop-up.
- Email the KML file to an address accessable from the iOS device.
- Open the Mail app and select the email sent in step 6 above.
- Tap the KML attachment in the email.
- After tapping the attachment, the KML text is opened in a new window. Tap the Share button at the top of this view.
- Select ForeFlight from the list of apps capable of importing KML files.
- Select Custom Content > Custom Map Layer from the Import menu.
Once a KML file has been imported, it can be viewed from the Maps layer menu or by selecting More > Custom Content > Custom Map Layer.