ForeFlight Mobile supports the Military Grid Reference Systems (MGRS), which is an alpha-numeric system for expressing UTM/UPS coordinates. You can input MGRS into ForeFlight using the following format.
Formatting is as follows:
- NN is the 6° wide UTM zone number with leading zero included
- L is the band of latitude (see table below)
- SS designates 100,000m grid square within the zone
- eeee and nnnn represent the Easting and Northing values within the 100,000m grid square.
1. MGRS@15RTP (15 is UTM zone, R is latitude band and TP is the 100,000m grid square).
2. MGRS@15RTN50008000 (15 is UTM zone, R is latitude band, TN is the 100,000m grid square, 5000 is the easting and 8000 is the northing within the 100,000m grid square).
Image 1. MGRS Grid Zones.