LogTen has several versions of their software. This article covers importation of a LogTen Pro X logbook from a Mac. There are 3 basic steps to the process:
1. Syncing your LogTen Pro X.
2. Exporting your logbook.
3. Importing to ForeFlight Logbook.
NOTE: For best results, export from a Mac desktop or laptop and use the ForeFlight Logbook Template for importation found on the logbook import page. If you would like to use an iPad or iPhone instead, please see:
How do I import my LogTen logbook into ForeFlight Logbook? (iPad or iPhone)
Follow these steps to get started:
STEP 1: SYNC ALL INSTANCES OF LOGTEN PRO X
1. Ensure that all your devices are on the same WiFi network and open the LogTen Pro X sync screen.
Image 1. LogTen Pro X sync screen.
2. Click “LogTen Pro X” in the title bar.
3. Click "Preferences > Sync."
4. Select “Sync using wifi” and then exit preferences.
5. Navigate to the Logbook view.
6. Scroll down to the bottom of left frame to devices.
7. Click the first device and then click sync now.
8. Repeat for other devices.
9. Continue to either Step 2A or 2B below.
STEP 2A: EXPORT YOUR LOGBOOK: FOR EXPERIENCED SPREADSHEET USERS (Best results)
1. From your desktop, Navigate to the logbook view.
2. Select “All Entries” on top of the left column.
3. Navigate to "Reports > Exporters."
Image 2. Navigate to Reports >Exporters.
4. Select “Dynamic Export Flights (Tab).”
Image 3. Select "Dynamic Export Flights (Tab)."
5. Click "save as" on pop up window.
6. Save as "logbook.txt" in a location you can remember.
7. Select “Export Aircraft.”
Image 4. Select "Export Aircraft."
8. Click "save as" on pop up window.
9. Save as ""LogbookAircraft.txt" in a location you can remember.
10. Continue to Step 3 below.
STEP 2B: EXPORT YOUR LOGBOOK: FOR INEXPERIENCED SPREADSHEET USERS (Won't import custom fields and gear type)
1. From your desktop, navigate to the logbook view.
2. Select “All Entries” on top of left column
3. Navigate to Reports > Exporters
Image 5. Navigate to Reports >Exporters.
4. Select “Export Flights (Tab)”
Image 6. Select “Export Flights (Tab)”
5. Click save as on pop up window
6. Save as logbook.txt in a location you can remember
7. Continue to Step 3 below.
STEP 3. IMPORTING INTO FOREFLIGHT LOGBOOK.
For users of Step 2A above
1. Open both your logbook file and the ForeFlight Logbook template in Excel or another spreadsheet program.
2. Copy each column of data to it’s respective place in the ForeFlight Logbook import template.
3. Rename any custom field headers as [FieldType]Field Name. Please see:
How do I create custom logbook fields in my logbook spreadsheet template?
You can reference formatting notes at the bottom of this article or on the logbook import page.
5. Save the new file as "FFLogbook.txt" and import it into the logbook import page.
For Users of Step 2B above
1. You can now import the files made in Step 2B into the logbook import page.
To assist you in understanding formatting requirements for each field within the ForeFlight Logbook template, please see this article:
What are the formatting requirements for each field in the Logbook template?