If you are using the built-in iPad GPS or an external Bluetooth GPS, the Track Log feature will continue to record as follows:
1. If you are on an airport and not moving
2. If you are in flight
3. If you are in flight and ForeFlight is put in the background
The Track Log feature will stop recording for any of the following reasons:
1. If you are off airport and there is no movement for 5 minutes
2. If you remain within a 0.2nm circle of the airport for more than 25 minutes
3. If ForeFlight is shut down
If you have a Stratus 1, the Track Log feature will stop recording if ForeFlight is put in the background.
If you have a Stratus 2, the Track Log feature will continue to record even if the ForeFlight app is put in the background or shut down, provided you first go to MORE > STRATUS > STATUS and FLIGHT DATA RECORDER is set to ON.