Weather Decisions Technologies (WDT) provides the following graphical and textual weather products to ForeFlight Mobile:
- Winds aloft
- Temperature aloft
- Worldwide lightning
- US/Canada Doppler radar-indicated Mesocyclone, Hail, and Tornado / TVS signatures
- Composite reflectivity radar for the CONUS and Canada
- Worldwide color enhanced infrared satellite
- Worldwide color enhanced visible satellite imagery
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) provides the following graphical and textual weather products:
- PIREPs / Aircraft reports
ForeFlight Mobile’s servers automatically check for updated weather information every minute of the day. Likewise, WDT updates airport weather information whenever it changes. If a more current observation is available, it is downloaded immediately and the display is updated. Radar and Satellite imagery is updated every 3 minutes within ForeFlight Mobile.
ForeFlight Mobile weather information is accessed via the Internet. ForeFlight Mobile can be updated via Wi-Fi, 4G, 3G and Edge networks, depending on the device configuration, the carrier and the available network connectivity.