If no location marker is shown on the map, but the map moves, the Enable Ownship setting may be set to either Never or Limited. To enable ownship so that the location marker is always shown,
- From within ForeFlight, go to More > Settings.
- In the Preferences section, select Enable Ownship.
- Select Always.
The Enable Ownship option has three settings:
- Always shows your location on the map when GPS accuracy is 100 meters or better and hides it if accuracy is worse than 100 meters. If accuracy is 25 meters or better, the location is displayed with a pulsing halo on plates. The location marker is hidden if GPS data is not received for 20 seconds.
- Never hides the location marker on maps and plates at all times.
- Limited shows the location marker only on airport diagrams when the speed is less than 80 knots. The marker is hidden when speed exceeds 80 knots or accuracy degrades below 25 meters. The marker is also hidden if GPS data is not received within the past 3 seconds. The marker is not displayed on the map in limited ownship mode.