ForeFlight can integrate with an existing Microsoft OneDrive account for cloud-based file hosting and synchronization services. With an integrated OneDrive account, users can access company files from ForeFlight while offline.
NOTE: ForeFlight can integrate with a single OneDrive folder. That folder should be created at the OneDrive root level and can contain individual files and subfolders.
IMPORTANT: The OneDrive folder must exist prior to linking the account.
ForeFlight supports the following account types.
- OneDrive For Business
- OneDrive Personal
- Sharepoint Online (a feature of Microsoft 365)
NOTE: ForeFlight does not support Microsoft SharePoint on-premises (also known as SharePoint Server). This version is installed and hosted locally within an organization's own data center.
Establishing a OneDrive Integration
To establish a OneDrive integration, follow the steps below.
- Sign into https://plan.foreflight.com from an administrator account and click Documents in the left sidebar.
- In the My Drives section, click Add a Cloud Drive.
- In the pop-up that appears, select OneDrive from the Drive Provider menu.
- Enter a Drive Name (e.g. Our Company OneDrive Files). The drive's name appears in the My Drive section of ForeFlight and can be edited at any time.
- Enter the name of the OneDrive folder where files for ForeFlight will be stored.
- Click Add Drive.
- After clicking Add Drive, ForeFlight redirects to the OneDrive sign-in page. Enter your OneDrive account credentials.
- Click Agree to allow ForeFlight access to the OneDrive folder.
- Add files to the OneDrive folder and verify they sync with ForeFlight.