To set up CloudAhoy to record a flight, follow these steps:
- If using an external GPS, ensure it is connected to the iPad or iPhone.
- Open the CloudAhoy app.
- Select the Pre-Flight page.
- Select the Settings button (looks like a gear)
- Turn the switch on next to Keep Device Awake.
- Select Done.
- Enter the following:
- The crewmember names. Select the ">" symbol to define the role (Pilot, student, Instructor, etc.)
- The aircraft tail number
- Remarks for the flight
- Select the Record button to start recording data. It is recommended to do this before starting the engine.