If you’re trying to add Jeppesen charts to ForeFlight but don’t have any available coverages or seats, don’t worry - you have lots of options.
Your Jeppesen chart subscription allows you to activate coverages and download charts on a limited number of devices or applications; Jeppesen uses the word “seats” to refer to this number. If you want to add your Jeppesen charts to ForeFlight, you’ll need to either:
1. Deactivate your coverage elsewhere to free up seats that you can use in ForeFlight,
2. Purchase additional seats for your coverage from Jeppesen, or
3. Purchase the same coverage through ForeFlight.
Some of these options will be better for you than others based on the kind of chart subscription you have with Jeppesen. We have three articles to help you:
1. How to deactivate Jeppesen coverage in JeppFD - If your Jeppesen chart subscription allows you to download charts in EFB apps (such as JeppFD), deactivating your coverages in those apps so you can activate them in ForeFlight is your best option.
2. How to deactivate coverages from Jeppesen's website - You can deactivate coverages remotely using Jeppesen’s website.
3. How to purchase additional coverages/seats through Jeppesen or ForeFlight - You can purchase additional Jeppesen coverages or seats, which is a good option if you want to add Jeppesen charts to ForeFlight without removing them from other apps or if your Jeppesen subscription only covers installed panel avionics.